April 19, 2009

So What's New for Playstation?

Now that the TV season is winding down and football and basketball are done (sorry, I'm not into baseball) I’ve turned more of my attention to my PS3 and video games. In my search for a little something to tide me over until NCAA 10 arrives in July, I came across two interesting titles -- Wanted: Weapons of Fate and The Godfather II. Here’s a quick take on each: 


Wanted: Weapons of Fate (based on the successful 2008 action movie) 
Type: 3rd Person Shooter 
Pros: Slowing down time and curving bullets (just like in the movie) makes for a unique shooter experience. 
Cons: AI is not very good. Repetitive gameplay. No Angelina Jolie character (Guess she didn’t give permission to use her likeness.) 


The Godfather II 
Type: Action 
Pros: Grand Theft Auto-like gameplay. Nice plotlines that are faithful to the films. Takes many hours to complete. 
Cons: More than a few visual glitches that are really annoying. AI is wildly inconsistent Winning tactics/strategies are too easy to figure out.

Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment